Singapore,14 Nov 2014 - Ricoh announces the RICOH Pro C9100 series for the heavy production segment - a new generation of durable high volume digital presses. The new digital production presses are especially suited for larger commercial printers seeking to start up or expand their hybrid digital and offset workflow complemented by easy integration into existing operations. The new additions are productive from the first page out and deliver high volume, personalized print runs with fast turnaround times.
With these new models, Ricoh aims to deliver affordable digital colour production presses that offer productivity, wide media handling capabilities and excellent print quality, breaking down previous cost barriers for clients looking to enter the digital colour production space at these high speeds.
With speeds up to 130 pages per minute (ppm), a maximum monthly volume of up to one million A4 sheets and a duty cycle of 1.75 million A4 sheets, the RICOH Pro C9100 series meets customers’ need for excellent turnaround and high durability.
Nobuaki Majima, Managing Director of Ricoh Asia Pacific & China said, “While technology-led change is driving a new future for the graphic arts market, the necessity to enhance client value and increase client satisfaction remains at the fore of every business. Alongside that, the need to drive profits is essential to ensure a stable business that can continue to support its clients in the future. We are really excited to launch the RICOH Pro 9100 series of digital production workhorses to help our clients achieve these goals. The RICOH Pro C9100 series provides clients with new and improved profitable revenue streams.”
Print services providers seeking to expand their offerings will be able to quickly take on a wide range of new commercial applications with the RICOH Pro C9100 series’ capability to print onto uncoated, textured and coated media from 52gsm to 400gsm, duplex banner sheet printing up to 700mm, and even speciality media such as super-gloss, magnet, metallic, transparent or synthetic. This allows them to easily extend their expertise to include light packaging, direct mail, books, promotional materials, brochures and business cards.
Print quality is assured with the inclusion of Ricoh’s enhanced Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) technology, delivering image quality up to 1200 x 4800 dpi. Regardless of paper weights, the Pro C9100 series prints at rated speed, and productivity is further increased for A3, enabling 75ppm for A3 or 150ppm for A4 or equivalent.
Ricoh’s continuous commitment to innovation means that commercial and corporate print clients can select the optimal blend from the company’s fast expanding portfolio of production-oriented products and solutions to support the profitable evolution of their businesses.
RICOH Pro C9100 Series Features Summary
• Highly productive with print speeds up to 110ppm for th e RICOH Pro C9100 and 130ppm for the RICOH Pro C9110 based upon A4 (150ppm A4 equivalent when running A3)
• Media support up to 400gsm in both simplex and duplex at rated engine speed.
• Optimal image quality up to 1200 x 4800 dpi with Ricoh’s Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) technology
• Maximum standard sheet size of SRA3
• Air assisted duplex banner printing up to 700mm
• Duty cycle of 1.75 million A4 sheets
• Image feedback system gives real time feedback and correction of engine calibration
• Precise sheet-to-sheet and front-to-back registration are achieved with an enhanced mechanical registration system
• Reliable throughput of the wide range of supported media is ensured by the use of Ricoh’s new vacuum feed technology.