Pursuing the ideal society (Three Ps BalanceTM)
We need to reduce the environmental impact of mankind's economic activities to a level that the Earth's self-recovery capabilities can deal with.
The purpose of environmental conservation activities is to reduce environmental impact to a level that the Earth's selfrecovery capabilities can deal with and sustain the global environment. The Ricoh Group, by considering how the relationship among the three Ps (planet, people, and Prosperity) in environmental, social, and economic activities has changed over time, defines the kind of society we should pursue and carries out its responsibility as a company to create such a society.
The Ricoh group's efforts toward achieving the ideal society
Ultimately, our goal is to help build a society in which the impact on its environment is maintained at a level that never exceeds the Earth's self-recovery capabilities. To make this happen, more than merely implementing environmental conservation activities is necessary; society needs to formulate clear-cut long-term visions and goals that will guide the specific actions required.
At the Ricoh Group, we have set environmental goals for 2030 and 2050 as milestones toward the final goal. We also determine Environmental Action Plans every three years and promote sustainable environmental management.
In order to contribute to the future of the global environment and society, the Ricoh Group will make efforts with focus on long-term vision and clear goals.
The Solar cell system on roof top is installed and generated electricity at RTH HO since 2021 with 11% saving of electricity consumption and the plan of CO2 reduction emission still continue by expand to upcountry area Chonburi in FY23. as comply with the goal of achieving “ Zero carbon society” of Ricoh group policy and commitment with RE100 on using renewal energy 100% by 2050.
To minimize the risk of chemicals substance effect to health and environment and minimize environment impact from process as Pollution prevention and control management.
- Waste water treatment:
- Bangpla plant: the wastewater from refurbish process is treated by the wastewater treatment system. The effluent water quality is meet with department of industrial works laws and zero discharge to canal behind plant using water trees.
- @HO: The wastewater from building is also treated by wastewater treatment and meet with standard of department of pollution control, ministry of natural resources and environment.
- Air pollution treatment: The dust from the refurbish process is treated by dust collector system. The air quality is measured and meet to laws of department of industrial works, ministry of industry.
- Waste management under concept “Zero waste to landfill”: All waste from office, service, and refurbish process are collected with standard method and sent to sidpose with suppliers who got department of industrial work permit under concept zero waste to landfill with environment friendly method --- Blending fuel / Recycling factory / Burn in incinerator by energy recovery.
- Hazardous substance control: The chemicals management of RTH, PPE/ label/ container/ SDS/ Sign/ Spill control, is complied with laws and ISO14001 standards by set up the standards for people who works with chemicals such as service engineer and refurbish. The environmental monitoring for chemicals in workplace is measured and meet as required by ministry of labor and ministry of industry.
- Green label certified: RTH is he first company of TGL certificate for MFP of Thailand from Thailand environment institute and we continue certified for 15 years. All models which been TGL certified will be automatically registered in database of green basket of department pf pollution control, ministry of natural resources and environment.
"The biodiversity conservation activities of RTH are conducted as the part ofgreen and safety month on World environmental day each year for recovering the ecologyin the community such as tree planting, canal conservation, artificial coral planting etc.and also encourages awareness RTH staffs on environmental conservation as target of environmentally sustainable development and SDGs action."